The Graduate Records Examination (GRE) Test is a regulated test which is considered as an admissions requirement by numerous graduate schools in the U.S. and Canada. According to ETS (Educational Testing Service), the GRE measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, analytical writing and critical thinking skills of students which they have acquired over a long period of their school-life. Andrew Selepak, program coordinator of the master’s in social media at the University of Florida says the GRE is the same as SAT. Now, we know that this test takes a toll on the mind of students and students have to prepare for this test with utmost dedication and consistency. GRE Test also consists of certain specific algebra, geometry, arithmetic and vocabulary sections which aim at measuring the students’ development all throughout his life. This test is administered as a computer-based examination at various testing centers. This test can range from being a mere admission formality in some schools to an important deciding factor in others. The aspirants of GRE must keep in mind that although preparing for GRE may seem daunting at first but it is a deciding factor on whether you will get admission in your favorite school or not.
Experts warn that the students who aspire to appear for a GRE Test must not make attempts at cramming the test as it will be of no use in the long run. Only those students will get by who have prepared for it in an organized, systematic and significant manner. You not only need to learn hundreds of vocabulary words, you also need to improve (if not good already) your performance at mathematics as well because this test aims at measuring your aptitude from literally all subjects and various perspectives. This is one of the main reasons why, a thorough and revised approach needs to be adopted by the students while preparing for their GRE Test. This test is not like other class tests where you can get by with a quick weekend study, you need to make a proper fixed schedule and start working on it. The more you sleep on your preparation, the more the chances of you not performing well on this test. You need to become a wholesome student who is quick at problem-solving; this can only be achieved by practicing and learning on a daily basis. The motto, “Practice makes perfect” fits here perfectly.
Get Free Consultation Now!
GRE Practice Tests are content-based practice exams which measure the students’ ability and performance in various different fields. Each practice test is designed to assess the students’ expertise in every subject. This mode can be used to measure the overall performance of a student and to see whether he/she is making any improvements or not. These tests have various benefits, some of which are discussed below:-
- Practice makes perfect:- It is a true fact that the more you practice something, you eventually become master of the thing you were practicing. Its true here as well. The more you study and afterwards, the more tests you take you will face no problem in taking your test on the final day of your exam. It will be like any other day, because you inculcated the habit of giving mock tests every day.
- Increases tolerance levels:- GRE Test is a test of long duration. Students have to sit for hours in order to take their tests. Now, while some students may be in the habit of sitting for longer hours during the day but there are a considerable number of students who may face problems in this area. Hence, practice tests will be of great help to those students who want to increase their sitting hours and want to inculcate the habit of studying every day.
- Attempt and Eliminate Method:- While you give practice tests, you can really monitor your performance minutely and chuck out any method that is not giving you the desired results. So, if one day you incorporate some study mechanism and you don’t score well in your practice test after studying that way then you can eliminate that particular strategy and incorporate a new one.
- Assess your own scores:- You can assess your scores daily and make adjustments in your study strategy along the way. You can take out an average of the marks you scored in the practice test. This will give you a fair idea as to how much you can anticipate to score in your GRE Test.
- Unlimited Resources:- Taking practice tests while you are still in school gives you a lot of time to prepare for your GRE. You can contact your teachers, take guidance from your seniors, etc. Hence, it is a win-win situation because you will be prepared in advance for your GRE Test.
Vnaya gives you an intensive-study module if you want to take your GRE Test this year. With expert tutors who are available to guide you at just a click of a mouse, we have also formulates extensive-study guides which can prove to be really helpful if you are starting to prepare for GRE. We provide practice-tests for all subjects with answer-keys and explanations to the questions. Contact us for a Free-Guide to your GRE Preparation.