ACT is a test that considers the readiness of students for admission to colleges. It is one of the important measurements of students’ capabilities to get admission to a college or university. The test is divided into five sections: English, Math, Reading, Science, and an optional Writing section that depends upon the student. The ACT is considered an important requirement in most colleges or universities for undergraduate admissions. The test is conducted seven times a year. The test is 2 hours and 55 minutes long without the writing essay part and with the writing essay part, it is 3 hours and 35 minutes long.
These were some important points about ACT. The most important part of the test is ACT preparation. As long as the students do not undergo the right preparation, they can not crack the exam and the door for their dream college and university will be locked for the time being.
Tips For ACT Preparation:
ACT preparation should be started from a year before at a minimum. This can help the students to be aware of the rules and regulations as well as the format of the test. Here are some ways to prepare for the ACT:
- Decide on the target score: Before students start studying, determining a target score is a vital part as they will know what they are aiming for. To determine the score, students should check the colleges or universities that they want to apply to. They can find the information by visiting their official website or searching for it on search engines.
- Get hands-on the best two books for the test: ACTpreparation through books can be easy for the students and opting for the right two books may help them to get honest opinions and questions about the test. It will also keep their attention in one place rather than making it mixed up and hard for them to study.
- Learn the frequently used test concepts: Students need to check the most used concepts in the test while ACT preparation and categorize it into the parts that they are well-versed with and the ones that they are not good at. This way they will know the concepts and can learn them thoroughly.
- Try to know the mindset of test-takers: ACT preparation is all about how one can prepare in the right way and score more. Getting into the shoes of test-takers is a beneficial way to score well. Students need to find ways that can help them to understand the concepts and theories test-takers are more prone to such as most test-takers are prone towards short and concise answers.
- Use the entire time allotted for each section: Even if the student is a fast test-taker, they should take the entire time allotted for the section as they may discover their mistakes and can recheck the answers.
- ACT preparation schedule: Students should make a schedule according to their ACT. This will help them to have sufficient time in their hands and they may go through all the chapters and topics again and can recognize the points that need more attention.
Why You Need Expert Advice For ACT Preparation:
- Experts help the students to recognize their weaknesses and strong points easily with their pre-made tests. Students get to know about the weakness and can work on them before the test.
- Experts are the best choice to check one’s pace in the ACT preparation process. Students can develop pacing strategies with the help of experts that will help them to speed up in mock tests and ACTs.
- Students get to know about resources that may help in ACT preparation: E-books, example questions, and many other links that the students are unaware of. These resources can help them a lot in ACT preparation. Also, they provide the students with their notes that are purely based on the ACT formats.
- Experts help the students to allow time for improvements and check the improvement after a specific time. Such as for improving 2 scores, students get to study for 10 hours and more. This may be decided with the help of experts based on their understanding of ACT.