If you are thinking about learning a new language, either out of sheer interest or out of requirement for that big move or that new job; you will face some challenges. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do it. However, nothing is impossible.
Given the right tools and efficient time management, you will be able to learn Spanish quickly. It is a fact that Spanish is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world as it is the official language of 18 South-American countries: Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Cuba, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, Honduras, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Venezuela and Uruguay. It is also spoken in Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and Spain in Europe and Equatorial Guinea in Africa. So, whether you want to study abroad or boost your college applications, knowing how to speak Spanish will benefit you in numerous ways.
Vnaya went ahead and picked 7 of the best ways to learn Spanish online. Intensive hourly classes that need a deeper commitment from your side, we have it all in the list provided below:-
- Download a linguistic app on your Phone:- There are plenty of apps on your app store that you can easily download on your smart phone which will help you in learning the basics of a new language. One of the most popular apps downloaded by users is Duolingo, which makes it easier to learn and study Spanish. The best part about this app is that it’s totally free of cost and you can use it according to your schedule, that is, whenever you are free.
- Subscribe to a Podcast en Español:- By subscribing to a Spanish language podcast, you will be able to hear how people speak and enunciate in Spanish. You will be able to learn the cadences how Spanish fluent people speak which will do wonders for your pronunciation. Podcasts like News in Slow Spanish may be of help.
- Follow a Spanish show:- This technique is the best one we have discovered. Start watching a Spanish show on the TV or any streaming platform. Spanish shows will help you in building your vocabulary and your Spanish pronunciation will improve drastically. Note: When you watch a Spanish show, make sure you turn on the subtitles. This will help you in understanding as to what is being said.
- Download a Spanish-English dictionary:- This will come to your aid whenever you come across a Spanish word you don’t quite understand. Whenever this situation arises, you can easily open this dictionary in your phone, look up its meaning and commit it to memory. Also, if you don’t want to download the dictionary, simply googling the word you don’t understand is also a good alternative.
- Start/ Join a Spanish group on any social media platform:- There are many special groups on social media that you can join so that you are surrounded by a community of like-minded people who are trying to learn Spanish just like you. You can make a group on WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. with people who are learning Spanish. You will be able to learn from each other, exchange reading material, converse with each other in Spanish and also get good recommendations from each other regarding various Spanish shows, news channels, etc.
- Order Spanish-themed meals:- With the COVID-19 pandemic around, many are forced to order takeaways and go to drive- through for their meals. Dedicate a day to eat Mexican food which will lead you to order in Spanish and you will get acquainted with Spanish food through experience. Try to order your food in the restaurant in Spanish, even if you mess up, the staff will be kind enough to tell you the correct pronunciation.
- Sign up for a language class:- When you take a Spanish class, it will motivate you to be accountable and committed to learning the language. Plus, when you enroll in a language class you will have experts to guide you through the whole process. You can get all the help you need from your teacher which is a huge factor in your growth.
Looking to sign up for a Spanish Expert to guide you in this process? Get in touch with Vnaya’s Spanish teachers who are ready to teach you whether you are at the beginner or intermediate level.
Want access to expert academic guidance — for free? When you create your free Vnaya account, you will have an option to ask a Question, Book a Demo session, talk to our Academic Experts, and get Professional Parenting Support —all for Free! Our Academic Counselor will help you learn how to improve your academic performance by assessing your learning style and curating a personalized lesson plan for you!
Sign up for your Vnaya account today to get a boost on your academic quest.