Alfred North Whitehead- A 20th-century philosopher once said, “Not only Ignorance but the ignorance of ignorance is a death of knowledge”. There exists a type of illiteracy where a person is not able to read. Perhaps, it is the most precarious and destructive of all illiteracy. There are some other types of illiteracy like functional illiterates, semi-illiterates etc.
You are definitely aware of the illiterate individuals when you observed that individual frustrated, disappointed and upset. They are just simply aware of their problem. Some of the individuals are very dangerous that are considered in the category of hidden illiterate.
Illiterates ignore their own illiteracy because they are not able to identify it. As Alfred said, they are the ignorant of their ignorance. They are not properly understood the information and ideas being studied or applied. They usually believe on the unknown as well as wrong suppositions and understandings. It ranges from humorous to disastrous.
Solution to overcome this illiteracy are as follows:
1 You should do the things you are scared from and face your fears whenever you get the chance.
2. Individuals who are facing this hidden illiteracy should stand up for themselves. It will be empowering when you do it for the first time but will definitely change your thoughts forever.
3. Don’t try to focus on your weaknesses, always try to strengthen your strengths.
4. Always saunter around an ART Gallery- it will help you to see the thoughts of other which give you a little sight of people mind.5. Make yourself covered for a whole day it will change the way of your thinking.
6. You can build self-discipline by standing on the chair for 5 minutes per day. It is the best way to take control of your mind. When you will stand on a chair, your mind will force you to get off the chair leads to increase the self-discipline.
7. Dance when there is nobody near you it will help you to overcome your shyness.
8. Do something that you didn’t want to do. By doing this you will able to smash the boundaries of your comfort zone and change your life forever.
9. Make a habit of reading books by the authors you avoid the most it will change your perception about that author and you will be able to take control of the mind.
10. Write something about yourself and your life and review it. This will help you to know what you achieve or in what you are lacking and get you thinking about your positive points.
11. Always believe in yourself that you can change your life if you want to change it. Most of the people believe that their life is predestined and we can’t change it- this is absolutely rubbish. So, ignore these types of thoughts and believe in yourself that you can achieve whatever you need in your life.
12. Stop interacting with the people who drag you down and are negative all the time. They don’t have any right to make you down so stop contacting with your down people.