Algebra is the combination of the things like variables, constants, term, and integer. When there is a combination of variables, constants, numbers there is a formation of the algebraic equation.
Algebraic equations are divided into different parts.
Parts of Algebra:
Algebraic equation has 3 main parts:
- Variables: Variables means “To vary” that means the things that can be changed, and whose value we have to find.
Examples: All alphabets like a, b, c ………..x y, z all are called variables.
- Constants: Constant means fixed the value which cannot be changed.
Example: All the integers like 1, 2, 3 ……….etc.
- Equal sign: There is an equal sign “=” is always present between the algebraic equation. This “=” sign will separate these both sides one as L.H.S and one as R.H.S.
So we can say that:
An algebraic expression always has two sides:
If we have a number which is “+” on L.H.S and if we just shift it on R.H.S. then it will change into “-“.
So we can say :
(+ ) sign will Changes to( –) sign
(- ) sign willChanges to(+) sign
(×)sign will Changes to ( /) sign
(/) sign willChanges to(×) sign
And we can write as :
Variables+ Constants = Algebraic Expressions
INTRODUCTION OF ALGEBRAIC EQUATIONS:
Algebraic equation combination of numbers and variables and they are joined together.
2x-10 = 6
Here 2,10,6 are constants and “x” is a variable. So we can’t subtract 2x-10.
So we have to shift “-10” from L.H.S. to R.H.S.
And when we do so the Negative sign changes into Positive sign.
And now here 2 is multiplying with x on L.H.S., So when 2 goes from L.H.S. to R.H.S. then it will change into the division.
Rules Of Algebraic Expression:
- Variables terms always added to the variable.
- Constant are always added to constants.
- We never add variable and constants together.
- If we change any number from one side to another side their sign must be changed.
Practice and Solve the following questions-
- -20 + 10d = -30
- -100g =1000
Share this with your friends and spread the knowledge!!