Math is a subject that is ever challenging for many. From formulae to equations, math can really be a difficult subject to handle, if not studied with proper practice. But most kids don’t know that math can actually be fun too. Have you ever heard the term ‘playing with numbers’? That’s something which is literally possible to do. You just need to know the right manner to learn and understand the essential of all subjects called, Math.
Although the core principles of math can be difficult to grasp at times, but with right kind of direction and teaching technique, it can certainly become massively interesting and engrossing for kids. When kids do not find a particular subject interesting, they refuse to put their best into it which results in one to lose interest in the subject and therefore they begin to dislike the subject. That means what we need to do is to make math interesting. That is totally possible by learning some tips that can help kids with math and even prove helpful in solving problems. With this consideration, below spelt are few math tricks that children can try out by themselves, that would make solving math problems easy and probable.
- Multiplying by 6
Although there can never be a particular trick that could solve all your multiplication problems, but a little help would create a marked difference. Here’s a trick that could make it easier for the students to do multiply, without running too much of brains.
Related Article: Unit Digits of Squares
When you have to multiply 6 by any even number, the answer that you will derive would always end with the same digit. The number which is there in the ten’s place will always be half of the number in the one’s place. Definitely, that’s the easiest way to do the multiplication of 6 with an even number.
Example: 6 x 4 = 24
- The 11 rule
Multiplication of 2 digit numbers is actually quite difficult for the kids. We have found a way that the multiplication of any 2 digit number with 11 would be easier for you, such that you can find the result in your head only. Here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly you have to separate the two digits in your mind.
- Add both the digits together.
- Then you have to place the number that you obtained from Step 2 between the two digits. In case the number obtained is greater than 9 then you have to put the one’s digit in the space and carry the ten’s digit.
Examples: 72 x 11 = 792
57 x 11= 5_7, but 5+7=12, so you have to put 2 in the space and add the 1 to 5. You’ll get the answer 627.
- Multiply large numbers in your head
When you have to multiply two double-digit numbers, you can consider using their distance from 100 as a way to simplify the math. Here’s how you can do it.
- You have to subtract each number from 100.
- Then add the values together.
- 100 minus this particular number would be the first part of the answer.
- Then you have to multiply the digits from Step 1 in order to get the second part of the answer.
- Calculation of the square of any number that ends with the digit 5
We have brought here the trick that could make it easier for you to find the square of any random set of numbers that end with 5. Here are the steps that you can follow:
- Let’s consider the number 95 and try to find its square.
- Calculate the square of 5 (last digit of the number), i.e. 25 and write it down as the second part of the number.
- Now, the first digit of 95 is 9 and the number that follows 9 is 10.
- You have to multiply 9 to 10 and you’ll get 90 as the answer. This will be the first part of the answer.
- Hence you put the first and second parts together to get the solution 9025.
Related Blog: Addition and Subtraction of Matrices
- Multiply any number quickly by 9
Now we have got a trick that could make it easier for you to multiply any number by 9. Here are the steps to follow:
- Take a large number. We take here 754.
- In order to multiply this with 9, simply add a 0 at the end of the number and subtract the originally taken number.
- This would be 7540-754 = 6786. This is the answer.
Also Read: Best Way to Learn Calculus!