I have always been amazed at the ability of our body to heal itself. Massive cuts, broken bones and nasty bruises to almost fatal viruses happen all the time, but we seem to usually get better. We shed over forty pounds of skin during our lifetime. (That’s nasty y’all!) We’re almost like snakes, except we don’t shed it all at once.
I’m sure back before the human race figured out many of the things about modern science, healing wounds seemed a bit like magic. It’s understandable why it’s kind of “magical,” yet “mystical” right?
Have you always known or presumed the fact that your bones might just be as strong as, well, four times stronger than concrete? I didn’t, but when I found out (only after I was done breaking one), I wasn’t surprised that much – the human body is truly a magnificent thing — this I’ve always known.
Now, before you get all ‘wonderstruck’ by a list of interesting human body facts you must read the below points-
The human body is made of 11 important organ systems, including the circulatory, respiratory, digestive, excretory, nervous and endocrine systems. They also include the immune, integumentary, skeletal, muscle and reproductive systems.
As we all are aware of our organ systems. So let’s talk about some interesting fact on the human body system. Did you know? You should know.
Here are some cool Human Body Facts-
1. The strongest muscle in the human body is the masseter (jaw muscle).
2. A human baby has over 60 more bones than an adult.
3. Ears and nose never stop growing.
4. When awake, the human brain produces enough electricity to power a small light bulb.
5. If the human eye was a digital camera it would have 576 megapixels.
6. Your heartbeat changes and mimics the music you listen to. So listen to hip hop songs.
7. The gastrointestinal tract is a 30-foot (9m) tube running from your mouth to your anus.
8. Your heart can keep beating even if it is separated from the body because it has its own electrical impulse.
9. Your brain keeps developing until your late 40s.
10. The highest recorded body temperature in a human being was a fever of 115.7 F
11. Without your pinky finger, you would lose about 50% of your hand strength.
12. When you take one step, you are using up to 200 muscles.
Found this interesting? connect to a biology tutor today and make you bio class more interesting!!